Kindred’s priority around integrity rests on two pillars: sports betting integrity and integrity in Kindred’s platform in terms of cyber security and customer data protection. Our ambition is to always behave with integrity and fairness in everything we do in order to retain the trust of our customers, the regulators and society.
Trusting the honesty of sports
We see match-fixing as a threat to society as a whole. Sport is the largest global entertainment industry and billions of people around the world enjoy it. The popularity of sport and competition is driven by the unpredictable nature of the outcome and the knowledge that there is always the chance of the unexpected. Taking the unpredictability away by fixing the outcome of an event puts the nature of sport in jeopardy.
Match-fixing is a criminal act and a threat to sport and the entire sports entertainment industry. Match-fixing is also a threat to the gambling industry, not only because of short-term losses accrued by genuine customers who have been cheated by criminal activity but, more importantly, because if people lose faith in the honesty of a sporting event, there is no point in placing a bet. This is why Kindred is fully committed to fighting match-fixing together with all other relevant stakeholders.
Trusting our cyber security
We operate on a proprietary technical platform giving us the flexibility, scalability and stability necessary to continue to grow as a business. The platform handles an average of 46 million transactions per day and processes the personal data of millions of customers, making cyber security one of our top priority areas. As a gambling operator holding financial funds for our customers, we always strive to have the highest standards of security in place. We constantly adopt best-in-class controls and tools and further innovate through new and emerging technologies to ensure we maintain the highest security levels. Kindred’s security team has a range of ongoing projects to continue to protect our critical assets and to further increase the maturity of our cybersecurity governance.
Long-term ambition by 2023: always behave with integrity and fairness in everything we do to gain the trust of our customers, the regulators and society as a whole
- Empower our customers on the security of their account by offering cross-market, Strong Authentication capabilities, starting with Unibet.com.
- Continue strengthening our foundations including internal and external training, as well as further collaboration with regulatory and sports governing bodies.
- Continue to develop and further improve our internal Defensive Capabilities to be an accredited member of a recognised CSIRT community.
- Implement significant verification deliveries, towards a Zero Trust concept where no system, service or user operating from within the traditional perimeter is automatically trusted.
- Continue to educate employees, organisations and sports clubs on sports integrity processes and procedures, using our commercial and corporate partnerships.
Read more about our work to maintain integrity in our annual Sustainability Report.