To identify and prioritise the issues most relevant for Kindred in running a sustainable company we have evaluated our material topics through a materiality assessment and are in regular dialogues with our key stakeholders.
The list of material topics comes from materiality assessments in 2017 and 2020 and was re-validated in 2022. The assessments align with the materiality principle in the GRI Standards 2021 (notably GRI 3) and in other recognised frameworks. They aim to evaluate the relevance and significance our activities or business relationships might have on the economy, environment and people, including effects on their human rights. Kindred recognise that impacts can be current or potential, negative or positive, short-term or long-term, intended or unintended, and reversible or irreversible.
Materiality Matrix 2022
To run our business, engagement with stakeholders is essential. It is at the heart of the many strands of work that come together to form our strategy. It takes many forms, from connecting colleagues within Kindred, managing relations externally with various constituencies, and building knowledge and education for us all.
Our engagement with key stakeholder groups
We work to improve player protection and education, promote account integrity whilst increasing gambling transparency and collaboration with players. Our vision is to make gambling 100 per cent enjoyable with zero per cent revenue from harmful gambling.
Satisfaction surveys, customer-service communications and interventions (as appropriate), and customer experience research.
- Player safety, integrity and dialogue
- Sustainable and enjoyable gambling experience.
- Level of customer satisfaction index/Net Promotion Score.
- Establish close relationship with all our customers where we are recognised as the operator that provides the best products and CX
We want to attract and retain leading talents. Vital to sustaining a high-quality workforce is engagement and listening, so we find the right solutions to issues such as hybrid working environment and training opportunities.
Surveys, external benchmarks, performance review meetings, exit interviews, succession planning, employee networks, training and leadership development sessions.
- Values and culture.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Employee engagement, development, and training
- Internal training in compliance and sports integrity
- Take position as an innovative and cutting-edge tech business that attracts all top talents
We have more than 45,786 shareholders to whom we provide a healthy return: we provide information using modern communications on our diverse operations and markets.
On-going dialogue through multiple channels, quarterly reports, meetings, and in 2022 our Capital Markets. Additional platforms include the AGM, webcasts and other online interactions.
- Information sharing. And ongoing dialogue about the industry and Kindred’s business
Collaboration is foundational for the way we work. We work with suppliers, expert advisors, lived-experience representatives and academia.
As well as normal supplier purchaser relationships, we also work with partners on benchmarking, training and the organisation of the Sustainable Gambling Conference.
- Transparency and collaboration.
- Engagement with experts
- Promote partner insights
- Journey towards zero data
We seek to improve community engagement, support local economic vitality via a science-based approach supporting the Paris Agreement. Our long-term goal is to equip communities with the tools needed to combat climate change.
We engage with people in sports teams, sporting events and other operations associated with sponsorships, equipment donations, award programmes and annual awareness surveys.
- Community engagement
- Establish a neutral public perception and a broad acceptance of “gambling as entertainment”
We strive to ensure that our operations always continue to meet the highest professional, compliance and ethical standards. To retain licences and authorisations to operate, our operations must always meet the highest professional, compliance and ethical standards.
We strive for open dialogue with regulators and to reinforce our focus on compliance, social responsibility, player sustainability and responsible gambling. Contact through different forums, such as the SGC, to policy discussion per market.
- Regulatory compliance
- Sustainable and responsible gaming practices
- Licenses and authorisations.
- A constructive dialogue with decision-makers to create long-term sustainable regulations in all our market