- Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 34.3 (39.2) million for the second quarter of 2011 and GBP 71.8 (81.0) million for the first half year 2011.
- Profit from operations for the second quarter of 2011 amounted to GBP 7.3 (8.4) million. Profit from operations for the first half year 2011 amounted to GBP 18.4 (19.0) million.
- Profit before tax for the second quarter of 2011 amounted to GBP 7.2 (10.0) million. Profit before tax for the first half year 2011 amounted to GBP 18.0 (20.3) million.
- Profit after tax for the second quarter of 2011 amounted to GBP 6.7 (9.1) million. Profit after tax for the first half year 2011 amounted to GBP 16.7 (18.6) million.
- Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2011 were GBP 0.236 (0.324) and GBP 0.591 (0.664) for the first half year 2011.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 9.5 (10.9) million for the second quarter 2011 and GBP 22.8 (24.0) million for the first half year 2011.
- Number of active customers for the quarter was 301,038 (402,091).
“Strong underlying results”
“I am pleased to report another quarter of strong underlying results. Excluding the additional effect of the World Cup in 2010 and adjusting both for France (22 per cent of overall revenue in Q2 2010) and for the positive currency benefits in 2011, Unibet’s underlying growth in gross winnings revenue was 16 per cent year-on-year. This was achieved despite sportsbook margins that were lower than the long-term average. Reported revenues grew by 13 per cent in the Nordics even though the comparables include the positive effect of the World Cup. Our continued focus on operational efficiency has resulted in the delivery of a good profit performance,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
“Trading in July was ahead of the same month last year, although 2010 included the later stages of the World Cup and despite a sportsbook margin in July 2011 that is a little lower than the long-term average.”
“An excellent Casino performance recorded another all time high. However Poker has remained a difficult market with little sign yet of any significant impact from the closure of some US-facing competitors.”
“The Maria brand has continued to perform very strongly, also delivering all time high results with gross winnings revenue up over 35 per cent for the Interim period compared to last year. Maria achieved excellent growth especially in its Casino & Games products, which now account for over 60 per cent of Maria revenues. Maria is now our fourth largest market.”
“I am delighted that Kambi went live with its first full-service B2B sportsbook customer Paf in June. Early indications are that the service has been well received and this is an important reference site for Kambi as it develops its pipeline of future customers.”
“During the first half of 2011 we have assessed a number of possible acquisition targets in line with our strategy to focus on opportunities for controlled growth in new regions with potential for long-term profitability. For one target we carried out thorough due diligence but on the basis of our findings we decided not to proceed. We continue to evaluate potential consolidation or growth opportunities while keeping a strong focus on the core business,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 10 August 2011, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholmat 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number +44 (0)20 7136 6285. Confirmation Code: 4036216
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com. Today, Unibet has more than 5.5 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in theUK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com