- Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 35.5 (42.1) million for the fourth quarter of 2010 and GBP 147.5 (138.3) million for the full year 2010.
- Profit from operations amounted to GBP 9.6 (11.0) million for the fourth quarter of 2010 and GBP 34.2 (32.8) million for the full year 2010.
- Profit before tax for the fourth quarter of 2010 amounted to GBP 9.2 (8.7) million. Profit before tax for the full year 2010 amounted to GBP 33.8 (28.9) million.
- Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2010 amounted to GBP 10.0 (8.4) million. Profit after tax for the full year 2010 amounted to GBP 32.4 (26.8) million.
- Earnings per share was GBP 0.357 (0.301) for the fourth quarter of 2010 and GBP 1.154 (0.957) for the full year 2010.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 11.7 (13.3) million for the fourth quarter 2010 and GBP 44.2 (42.7) million for the full year 2010.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 308,872 (365,865).
- The Board of Directors does not propose to pay a dividend for the financial year 2010. The cash reserve being built up combined with the Group’s strong profitability and cash flow gives the Board flexibility to consider strategic opportunities including acquisitions. The cash reserve may be distributed at a later stage should the opportunities not materialise.
- AGM to be held on 12 May 2011, in Stockholm.
“Strong performance across core markets”
“We are very happy to announce a strong set of results including 15 per cent growth over the prior quarter, which demonstrates the underlying resilience of our business model. Even though the comparisons with the fourth quarter of 2009 were challenging, we have been able to improve our EPS through tight control over our operating costs, including improved marketing focus. We also continue to invest according to plan in the development of Kambi Sports Solutions and in the core Unibet platforms to address the evolving markets in Europe.”
“During the first six weeks of 2011 we see healthy revenue numbers for the Group across our major markets. In particular, mobile betting is showing excellent growth combined with strong performance in Casino & Games.”
“We will continue to focus on our core markets to strengthen our position in the changing European landscape. Unibet will apply for licenses in the markets where conditions are evaluated as sound and profitable and with a low risk seen from a shareholder value perspective,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 16 February 2011, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is +44 (0)20 7806 1968, Confirmation Code: 7694741
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 28 languages through www.unibet.com. Today, Unibet has more than 5.1 million customers in over 100 countries Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com