- Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 45.3 (34.3) million for the second quarter of 2012 and GBP 96.5 (71.8) million for the first half year 2012.
- EBITDA for the second quarter of 2012 was GBP 11.8 (9.4) million and GBP 27.1 (22.5) million for the first half year 2012.
- Profit from operations for the second quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 6.4 (7.3) million. Profit from operations for the first half year 2012 amounted to GBP 18.1 (18.4) million.
- Profit before tax for the second quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 6.4 (7.2) million. Profit before tax for the first half year 2012 amounted to GBP 18.1 (18.0) million.
- Profit after tax for the second quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 5.7 (6.7) million. Profit after tax for the first half year 2012 amounted to GBP 16.4 (16.7) million.
- Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2012 were GBP 0.203 (0.238) and GBP 0.591 (0.595) for the first half year 2012.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 10.1 (9.5) million for the second quarter 2012 and GBP 25.5 (22.8) million for the first half year 2012.
- Number of active customers for the quarter was 427,207 (301,038).
“Strong underlying performance supports Unibet’s investments in long term growth”
“Unibet’s core markets continue to show strong growth and profitability which gives us the capability to invest to deliver long-term growth while also taking a leading position in re-regulated markets. We are investing internally both to meet the requirements of re-regulation but also to exploit the market opportunity Kambi has. This is supplemented by targeted acquisitions which are accelerating Unibet’s exposure to regulated markets.”
“Unibet’s sports betting margins in the second quarter were close to the long term average, a clear outperformance compared to the market generally which demonstrates once again the strength and quality of Kambi’s product offering and risk management.”
“Compared with the second quarter 2011 this quarter is significantly influenced by FX movements of between 5-9 per cent on Unibet’s main currencies. If the average exchange rates for the second quarter 2011 were applied to this quarter, gross winnings revenue would be approximately GBP 49 million and underlying profit from operations would be approximately GBP 8.5 million.”
“Trading since 1 July has been strong with organic year on year growth around 20 per cent in local currencies.”
“The transformation of the Group towards regulated markets continues with the launch of our new website under our Belgian licence, the acquisition of Bet24 and the successful rebranding of our recently acquired Australian business to Unibet,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 15 August 2012, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is
+44 (0) 20 7108 6303, US: +1 8666 765 870.
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.com.au , www.maria.com and www.mariacasino.dk. Today, Unibet has 6.7 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com