- Gross winnings revenue was up 36 per cent and amounted to GBP 51.1 (37.5) million for the first quarter of 2012.
- Successfully completed acquisition of Betchoice Corporation Pty Ltd for an initial AUD 20 million (GBP 13.6 million).
- Expansion into regulated markets has resulted in a betting duty of GBP 3.0 million during the first quarter. M&A transaction costs were GBP 0.8 million and amortisation of acquired assets were GBP 0.8 million for the first quarter.
- EBITDA for the first quarter of 2012 were GBP 15.3 (13.1) million.
- Profit from operations for the first quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 11.6 (11.2) million.
- Profit before tax for the first quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 11.7 (10.8) million.
- Profit after tax for the first quarter of 2012 amounted to GBP 10.8 (10.0) million.
- Earnings per share were GBP 0.381 (0.355) for the first quarter of 2012.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 15.3 (13.2) million for the first quarter 2012.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 403,788 (328,054).
“Continuing Unibet’s transformation”
“Unibet delivered another all-time high in Gross Winnings powered by its market-leading sportsbook, Kambi Sports Solutions. Unibet is at the same time undergoing a rapid transformation as more than 15 per cent of the gross winnings revenue in the quarter came from re-regulated markets. This development will continue through the year as Australia and Bet24 are fully included and as our recent licence in Belgium is activated.”
“April revenues continued the positive development from the first quarter and recorded strong organic growth compared to the prior year.”
“We continue to develop the business in line with our strategy and through the acquisitions of EurosportBet, the Betchoice and Bet24 we are significantly increasing our exposure to re-regulated markets and at the same time taking us into major new markets outside Europe. These strategic developments will change our business model over time and I am confident that we are building a position to be a market-leader in the next generation online market” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 9 May 2012, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is +44 (0) 20 7108 6303 US: +1 8666 765870
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.com.au , www.maria.com and www.mariacasino.dk. Today, Unibet has 6.5 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com