- Gross winnings revenue amounted to GBP 54.1 (45.3) million for the second quarter of 2013 and GBP 113.4 (96.5) million for the first half year 2013.
- EBITDA for the second quarter of 2013 was GBP 12.0 (11.8) million and GBP 29.1 (27.1) million for the first half year 2013.
- Profit from operations for the second quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 7.3 (6.4) million. Profit from operations for the first half year 2013 amounted to GBP 19.8 (18.1) million.
- Profit before tax for the second quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 7.2 (6.4) million. Profit before tax for the first half year 2013 amounted to GBP 18.6 (18.1) million.
- Profit after tax for the second quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 6.7 (5.7) million. Profit after tax for the first half year 2013 amounted to GBP 17.2 (16.4) million.
- Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2013 were GBP 0.238 (0.203) and GBP 0.616 (0.591) for the first half year 2013.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 12.1 (10.1) million for the second quarter 2013 and GBP 29.2 (25.5) million for the first half year 2013.
- Number of active customers for the quarter was 446,649 (427,207).
“Marketing investments drive market share growth”
“Unibet’s strong top line momentum from the first quarter has continued into the low season, despite no major championships this year. Our mobile offering continues to grow and is now over 19 per cent of the gross winnings revenue compared to 8 per cent for the same period last year. Market share growth is driven by Unibet’s continued investment in marketing initiatives in both re-regulated and core markets.”
“Profitability in the second quarter was strong, taking into account sports betting margins slightly below the long-term average and also lower than the same period in 2012. The prior year result for the second quarter also included a number of acquisition-related one-off items with a net positive effect.”
“Unibet’s focus on locally regulated markets continued with a successful launch in Estonia at the start of July 2013.”
“Kambi achieved a major milestone by going live with a full service sportsbook offering for 888 in the second quarter. This demonstrates that Kambi is a valued supplier to leading international operators, even when their core markets and product priorities are different from Unibet.”
“In the first 5 weeks of the third quarter average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by approximately 10 per cent over the same period in 2012”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 7 August 2013, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CEST.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is UK: +44 20 3364 5372 US: +1 877 788 9023
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.ee, www.unibet.com.au, www.maria.com, www.mariacasino.ee and www.mariacasino.dk. Unibet also offers Sportsbook B2B services through Kambi Sports Solutions, www.kambi.com. Today, Unibet has 7.6 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in theUK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com