- Gross winnings revenue amounted to GBP 59.3 (51.1) million for the first quarter of 2013.
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the first quarter of 2013 were GBP 17.1 (15.3) million.
- Profit from operations for the first quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 12.5 (11.6) million.
- Profit before tax for the first quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 11.4 (11.7) million.
- Profit after tax for the first quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 10.6 (10.8) million.
- Earnings per share were GBP 0.378 (0.381) for the first quarter of 2013.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 17.1 (15.3) million for the first quarter 2013.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 489,923 (403,788).
“Good customer intake gives new all-time highs”
“Strong underlying growth has delivered all-time highs in gross winnings revenue and EBITDA despite lower than average sports betting margin. We have also noted a continued strong development of the business in recently re-regulated markets such as Denmark and Belgium where we have invested further in marketing. Our mobile offering continues to grow and is now over 16 per cent of gross winnings revenue.”
“More than 26 per cent of Unibet’s gross winnings revenue for the first quarter came from locally regulated markets. All re-regulated markets delivered improved results compared to the fourth quarter of 2012 and the locally regulated markets combined made a significant positive EBITDA contribution.”
“Positive factors driving this performance include good customer intake and retention leading to record high gross turnover. Our strong cash flow has enabled us to repay the full loan balance during the quarter.”
“In the first four weeks of the second quarter, average daily gross winnings revenue was around 15 per cent higher than for the second quarter of 2012,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Thursday 2 May 2013, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is +44 207 6602 077 US: +1 877 679 2993.
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Exchange in Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest listed gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 27 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.com.au , www.maria.com and www.mariacasino.dk. Unibet also offers Sportsbook B2B services through Kambi Sports Solutions, www.kambi.com.
Today, Unibet has 7.3 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, ESSA, the European Sports Security Association and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com