As reported in the second quarter, the result for January to September 2014 includes Kambi’s results up to 31 May 2014. The second quarter also contains a significant non-recurring net gain of GBP 35.3 million as a result of the disposal of Kambi and a GBP 2.2 million adjustment to fair value of contingent consideration related to the Betchoice acquisition.
- Gross winnings revenue amounted to GBP 80.4 (64.0) million for the third quarter of 2014 and GBP 234.0 (193.6) million for the period January to September 2014.
- Profit from operations for the third quarter of 2014 amounted to GBP 18.1 (9.2) million and GBP 83.6 (29.0) million for the period January to September 2014.
- Profit before tax for the third quarter of 2014 amounted to GBP 18.1 (9.2) million and GBP 83.6 (27.9) million for the period January to September 2014.
- Profit after tax for the third quarter of 2014 amounted to GBP 16.5 (8.2) million and GBP 79.9 (25.4) million for the period January to September 2014.
- Earnings per share for the third quarter of 2014 were GBP 0.585 (0.292) and GBP 2.838 (0.908) for the period January to September 2014.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 21.8 (14.2) million for the third quarter of 2014 and GBP 59.6 (43.4) million for the period January to September 2014.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 573,074 (453,753).
“Activity and margin growth drive new all-time highs”
“Unibet delivered 26 per cent year on year growth in gross winnings revenue in the third quarter (40 per cent excluding the impact of exchange rate changes and the spin-off of Kambi). The growth was wholly organic and demonstrates continued increases in market share.”
“The sports betting margin for the quarter was influenced by the final stages of the World Cup and Unibet’s continued strong growth in France. Excluding those factors the sports betting margin before free bets was 8.4 per cent. A high sports betting margin has indirect effects in reducing sports turnover and activity in other products.”
“Despite absorbing a 45 per cent increase in betting duties, Unibet delivered a 54 per cent growth in EBITDA compared with last year which shows the scalability of our business model. Unibet’s focus on re-regulated markets demonstrates that it is possible, with sustainable market conditions, to drive efficiency and increased profitability while reducing overall corporate risk.”
“The mobile channel accounted for 38 per cent of the total gross winnings revenue and 55 per cent of gross winnings revenue in the sportsbook.”
“In the period up to 26 October 2014, average daily gross winnings revenue increased by around 10 per cent (approximately 20 per cent in local currency) compared to the same period in 2013”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 7887 996 116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +356 2133 7885 or +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 22 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.ee, www.unibet.com.au, www.maria.com, www.mariacasino.ee and www.mariacasino.dk. Today, Unibet has 9.5 million registered customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com and twitter.com/UnibetGroup