- Gross Winnings Revenue amounted to GBP 65.2 (56.9) million for the fourth quarter of 2013 and GBP 234.7 (197.2) million for the full year 2013.
- Earnings before interest, tax and depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the fourth quarter of 2013 were GBP 20.2 (16.8) million. EBITDA for the full year 2013, were GBP 63.4 (52.5) million. EBITDA for the fourth quarter and for the full year of 2013 was impacted by a non-recurring charge of GBP 1.15 million in respect of the settlement of the last significant historic litigation involving Unibet.
- Profit from operations amounted to GBP 15.5 (12.6) million for the fourth quarter of 2013 and GBP 44.5 (35.1) million for the full year 2013.
- Profit before tax for the fourth quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 15.4 (12.1) million. Profit before tax for the full year 2013 amounted to GBP 43.3 (34.2) million.
- Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2013 amounted to GBP 14.7 (11.8) million. Profit after tax for the full year 2013 amounted to GBP 40.1 (31.6) million.
- Earnings per share were GBP 0.526 (0.421) for the fourth quarter of 2013 and GBP 1.434 (1.132) for the full year 2013.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 20.4 (16.9) million for the fourth quarter 2013 and GBP 63.8 (51.1) million for the full year 2013.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 516,799 (491,958).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of GBP 1.100 (0.700) per share/SDR, which is approximately SEK 11.70 (7.11) per share/SDR and amounts to a proposed distribution to shareholders of GBP 30.8 (19.6) million.
- AGM to be held on 20 May 2014, in Stockholm.
“All-time highs in revenue and profitability”
“Gross winnings revenue for the fourth quarter increased 15 per cent compared to the same period in 2012 (13 per cent excluding FX). Re-regulated gross winnings revenue increased to 29 per cent of total gross winnings revenue reflecting the strategy initiated three years ago to transform our business.”
“Continued focus on efficiency meant that EBITDA increased by 20 per cent, while profit after tax and earnings per share both increased by 25 per cent. These increases were achieved after taking account of a 50 per cent year on year increase in betting duties and Unibet’s focus on re-regulated markets demonstrates that it is possible to drive efficiency and increased profitability while reducing overall corporate risk.”
“The Mobile channel continued to develop strongly in the quarter and represented 27 per cent of total gross winnings revenue.”
“In the period up to 9 February, average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by around 13 per cent compared to the first quarter 2013. Excluding the currency effect it is over 17 per cent,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Tuesday 11 February 2014, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CET.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign in.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is
+44 20 7660 2077, or from the USA +1 855 753 2234
Please call in, well in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 788 799 6116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest listed gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 22 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.ee, www.unibet.com.au, www.maria.com, www.mariacasino.ee and www.mariacasino.dk. Unibet also offers Sportsbook B2B services through Kambi Sports Solutions, www.kambi.com. Today, Unibet has 8.6 million customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in theUK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com