• New all-time high in gross winnings revenue which amounted to GBP 80.5 (75.6) million for the second quarter of 2015 and amounted to GBP 156.6 (150.2) million for the first half of 2015.
• The result for the second quarter as reported in GBP was significantly affected by the translation effect of movements in currency exchange rates. The underlying organic growth in gross winnings revenue in constant currency was more than 21%.
• If Unibet reported results in SEK, gross winnings revenue for the second quarter would have amounted to SEK 1,037.6 (840.1) million.
• Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the second quarter of 2015 were GBP 19.0 (15.8) million and amounted to GBP 33.4 (36.0) million for the first half of 2015.
• Profit from operations for the second quarter of 2015 amounted to GBP 15.8 (12.3) million. Profit from operations for the first half of 2015 amounted to GBP 27.1 (27.6) million.
• Profit before tax for the second quarter of 2015 amounted to GBP 15.2 (12.4) million. Profit before tax for the first half of 2015 amounted to GBP 26.5 (27.8) million.
• Profit after tax for the second quarter of 2015 amounted to GBP 13.4 (11.2) million. Profit after tax for the first half of 2015 amounted to GBP 23.4 (25.4) million.
• Earnings per share for the second quarter of 2015 were GBP 0.471 (0.397) and GBP 0.822 (0.902) for the first half of 2015.
• Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 603,528 (610,319).
• Agreement to acquire Stan James Online for an acquisition price of GBP 19 million, an acquisition multiple around 6 times annualised 2015 EBITDA before synergies.
“Organic growth of 39% in EBITDA in constant currency, despite lack of major tournament”
“Strong growth in turnover across all products and our continued focus on operational efficiency has raised profitability, with a 13% increase in EBITDA in GBP and 39% in constant currency despite lack of major tournament.”
“The success of the marketing investments made in previous quarters, has also driven organic growth of more than 21% in gross winnings revenue in constant currencies, despite tough comparables from the successful World Cup in 2014. This has also resulted in all-time high in gross winnings revenue. Mobile revenues grew by 48% in GBP, 69% in constant currency. The growth in sportsbook turnover of more than 12% in GBP (over 27% in constant currency) and the all-time high in Casino & Games show the very strong underlying activity.”
"In addition to the major investment made over the past two years to launch Unibet in the UK market, I am confident that the acquisition of Stan James Online will significantly accelerate our development and profitability in the world's largest locally regulated market."
“In the period up to 2 August, daily average gross winnings revenue in constant currency was slightly above the daily average of the third quarter of 2014, despite lower margins compared to the exceptionally high margin in July 2014. Underlying activity continues to develop extremely positively, with sports betting turnover up 20% in in constant currency compared to the same period in 2014, which included the final stages of the World Cup”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 5 August 2015, Unibet’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CEST.
Please go to www.financialhearings.com to sign
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is UK: +44 203 428 14 08 or in the USA: +1 855 753 22 36.
Please call in advance and register.
The presentation is also web cast live on www.unibetgroupplc.com
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 7887 996 116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 21 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.ee, www.unibet.co.uk, www.unibet.com.au, www.maria.com, www.mariacasino.ee, www.mariacasino.co.uk and www.mariacasino.dk. Unibet has over 10.3 million registered customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com and twitter.com/UnibetGroup