As reported in the second quarter, the result for January to December 2014 includes Kambi’s results up to 31 May 2014 and a significant non-recurring net gain of GBP 35.3 million as a result of the disposal of Kambi. Please also see table on page 4 for a list of all non-recurring items during 2014.
Fourth quarter highlights
- Gross winnings revenue amounted to GBP 78.0 (74.4) million for the fourth quarter of 2014 and GBP 312.0 (268.0) million for the full year 2014.
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) for the fourth quarter of 2014 were GBP 18.9 (20.2) million. EBITDA for the full year 2014 was GBP 115.7 (63.4) million.
- Profit from operations for the fourth quarter of 2014 amounted to GBP 15.3 (15.5) million and GBP 98.9 (44.5) million for the full year 2014.
- Profit before tax for the fourth quarter of 2014 amounted to GBP 15.4 (15.4) million and GBP 99.0 (43.3) million for the full year 2014.
- Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2014 amounted to GBP 13.5 (14.7) million and GBP 93.4 (40.1) million for the full year 2014.
- Earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2014 were GBP 0.476 (0.526) and GBP 3.311 (1.434) for the full year 2014.
- Operating cash flow before movements in working capital amounted to GBP 18.6 (20.4) million for the fourth quarter of 2014 and GBP 78.2 (63.8) million for the full year 2014.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 570,360 (516,799).
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of GBP 1.640 (1.100) per share/SDR, which is approximately SEK 20.90 (11.70) per share/SDR and amounts to a proposed distribution to shareholders of GBP 46.7 (30.8) million.
- AGM to be held on 12 May 2015, in Stockholm.
“Gross Winnings Revenue up 16 per cent pure organically”
“Compared with the fourth quarter 2013 this quarter is significantly influenced by exchange rate movements on Unibet’s main currencies. If the average exchange rates for the fourth quarter 2013 were applied to this quarter, gross winnings revenue would be approximately GBP 84.5 million. Excluding the effects of exchange rate movements and excluding Kambi’s contribution the underlying growth in gross winnings revenue was 16 per cent compared to the fourth quarter 2013.”
“In spite of a sports betting margin below the long term average, Unibet’s markets continue to show strong growth and profitability. Also our mobile offering continues to grow and is now over 43 per cent of the gross winnings revenue.”
“The strong performance of the Group resulted in an increase in the free cash flow of 41 per cent. Against this background, the Board has proposed a cash dividend of GBP 1.640 which is approximately SEK 20.90, a growth of 79 per cent in SEK.”
“The Q4 report also includes a negative FX charge of GBP 1.6 million of which GBP 1.2 million relates to unrealised translation differences. A major component of this translation adjustment relates to net cash balances that Unibet holds in SEK to fund the proposed 2015 dividend.”
“In the first five weeks of the first quarter average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by approximately 5 per cent in GBP and approximately 16 per cent in local currencies over the same period in 2014”, says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 7887 996 116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +44 7515 975 629
Unibet was founded in 1997 and is an online gambling company listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Unibet is one of the largest privately-owned gambling operators in the European market and provides services in 22 languages through www.unibet.com, www.unibet.dk, www.unibet.fr, www.unibet.it, www.unibet.be, www.unibet.ee, www.unibet.co.uk, www.unibet.com.au, www.maria.com, www.mariacasino.ee, www.mariacasino.co.uk and www.mariacasino.dk. Today, Unibet has 9.7 million registered customers in over 100 countries. Unibet is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to responsible and fair gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com and twitter.com/UnibetGroup