First quarter highlights
- New all-time high in gross winnings revenue of GBP 122.4 (76.1) million for the first quarter of 2016, an increase of 61 per cent.
- EBITDA for the first quarter of 2016 was GBP 27.6 (14.4) million, an increase of 80 per cent.
- Profit before tax for the first quarter of 2016 almost doubled and amounted to GBP 22.5 (11.3) million.
- Profit after tax for the first quarter of 2016 doubled and amounted to GBP 20.0 (10.0) million.
- Earnings per share for the first quarter of 2016 were GBP 0.087 (0.044).
- Net cash generated from operating activities increased by around 90 per cent to GBP 31.4 (16.6) million.
- During the first quarter of 2016, Stan James Online and iGame Group have contributed GBP 12.8 million in gross winnings revenue and GBP 3.1 million in normalised EBITDA.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 1,007,365 (612,269).
“Gross winnings revenue up 58 per cent in constant currency and active customers now over 1 million”.
“Unibet Group’s growth continued to develop strongly in the first quarter, with an increase of gross winnings revenue in GBP of 61 per cent and 58 per cent in constant currency compared to the first quarter last year. This is again significantly higher growth than the overall market and indicates that we are continuing to take market share across the board. Organic growth excluding last year’s acquisitions and in constant currency was 41 per cent compared to the first quarter last year.”
“Gross winnings revenue in the Nordic region grew by 58 per cent, while Western Europe grew by 63 per cent (in both regions the organic growth in constant currency was approximately 40 per cent).”
“Our market leading mobile offerings are continuing to deliver strong growth and now account for 59 per cent of gross winnings revenue. Our strategy focused on re-regulation has accelerated the transformation of our business and in the first quarter almost 36 per cent of gross winnings revenue was from locally regulated markets.”
“Scalability and cost control has enabled EBITDA to grow by over 80 per cent. The profit after tax has doubled to GBP 20.0 million which shows how we are adapting our business model to absorb increased betting duties from core markets.”
“In the period up to 24 April 2016, average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by approximately 50 per cent compared to the same period in 2015, despite lower sports betting margins. Excluding iGame Group & Stan James Online the organic increase is well over 20 per cent in constant currency,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet Group.
Today, Wednesday 27 April 2016, Unibet Group’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CEST.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is UK: +44 20 3008 9804 or in the USA: +1 855 831 5946.
Unibet Group companies hold local gambling licences in UK, France, Belgium, Denmark, Germany (Schleswig-Holstein), Italy, Australia, Ireland, Romania and Estonia. The Unibet Group also holds international gambling licences in Malta, Gibraltar and Alderney. Unibet pays betting duties in all markets in accordance with applicable local laws.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 7887 996 116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +46 723 878 059
About the Unibet Group
The Unibet Group is one of Europe’s largest listed online gambling operators and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. The Group provides services in 20 languages to over 14.1 million customers in over 100 countries through several subsidiaries and brands. The Group is a member of the EGBA, European Gaming and Betting Association, RGA, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to the pan-European CEN standard on consumer protection and responsible gaming.
More information about the Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com and twitter.com/UnibetGroup.