Fourth quarter and full year highlights
The comparatives for profit before and after tax and earnings per share on this page include the non-recurring gain in the second quarter of 2014 as a result of the Kambi spin-off.
- New all-time high in gross winnings revenue of GBP 111.4 (78.0) million for the fourth quarter of 2015 and GBP 354.1 (312.0) million for the full year 2015.
- Underlying profit for the fourth quarter was GBP 24.6 (16.8) million and GBP 69.7 (64.5) million for the full year 2015.
- Profit before tax for the fourth quarter of 2015 amounted to GBP 21.3 (15.4) million. Profit before tax for the full year 2015 amounted to GBP 62.2 (99.0) million.
- Profit after tax for the fourth quarter of 2015 amounted to GBP 19.4 (13.5) million. Profit after tax for the full year 2015 amounted to GBP 55.7 (93.4) million.
- Earnings per share for the fourth quarter of 2015 were GBP 0.084 (0.059) and GBP 0.244 (0.414) for the full year 2015. Before the 8:1 share split this corresponded to GBP 0.676 (0.476) for the fourth quarter and 1.952 (3.311) for the full year 2015.
- During the fourth quarter of 2015 Stan James Online and iGame Group have contributed GBP 13.0 million in gross winnings revenue and GBP 2.7 million in normalised EBITDA1. If they had been part of the Group for the full year 2015 the contribution would have been GBP 46.1 million in gross winnings revenue and GBP 10.4 million in normalised EBITDA1.
- Number of active customers at the end of the quarter was 921,150 (570,360) of which 156,208 were customers of the businesses acquired in 2015.
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of GBP 1.88 (1.64) per share/SDR before split, GBP 0.235 (0.205) after split, which is approximately SEK 2.87 (2.68) per share/SDR after split and amounts to a proposed distribution to shareholders of GBP 54.0 (46.7) million.
- AGM to be held on 17 May 2016 in Stockholm.
“Gross winnings revenue up 57 per cent in constant currency”
“We have delivered a market-leading revenue growth in the fourth quarter of 2015, generating a 43 per cent increase in gross winnings revenue as reported in GBP compared with the same period in 2014, 57 per cent in constant currencies. The organic growth in Unibet and Maria was 26 per cent as reported in GBP (40 per cent excluding the effect of changes in currency translation rates).”
“The focus on scalability across the Group has enabled us to deliver a new all-time high in underlying EBITDA for the quarter of GBP 27.1 million, up 47 per cent in GBP. Mobile was 56 per cent of gross winnings revenue compared with 51 percent in the third quarter.”
“The acquisitions have also accelerated the transformation of our business and locally-regulated revenues are now 34.3 per cent of gross winnings revenue compared with 28.4 per cent in the third quarter of 2015.2 UK, the world’s largest locally-regulated gambling market, is now our largest locally-regulated market.”
“In the period up to 7 February 2016, average daily gross winnings revenue has increased by approximately 45 per cent in GBP and approximately 47 per cent in local currencies over the same period in 2015. Excluding iGame Group & Stan James Online the organic increase is more than 30 per cent in constant currency,” says Henrik Tjärnström, CEO of Unibet.
Today, Wednesday 10 February 2016, Unibet Group’s CEO Henrik Tjärnström will host a presentation in English at FinancialHearings, Operaterrassen in Stockholm at 9.00 CEST.
For those who would like to participate in the telephone conference in connection with the presentation, the telephone number is UK: +44 20 3008 9801 or in the USA: +1 646 722 4898.
1 Normalised EBITDA for the acquired businesses excludes transaction costs and results of parts of the businesses that were not acquired by Unibet Group.
2 Unibet Group companies hold local gambling licences in UK, France, Belgium, Denmark, Germany (Schleswig-Holstein), Italy, Australia, Ireland, Romania and Estonia. The Unibet Group also holds international gambling licences in Malta, Gibraltar and Alderney. Unibet pays betting duties in all markets in accordance with applicable local laws.
For further information please contact:
Inga Lundberg, Investor Relations +44 7887 996 116
Henrik Tjärnström, CEO +46 723 878 059
About Unibet Group
Unibet Group is one of Europe’s largest listed online gambling operators and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. Unibet Group provides services in 21 languages to over 13.5 million customers in over 100 countries through several subsidiaries and brands. Unibet Group is a member of the European Gaming and Betting Association, Remote Gambling Association in the UK and is audited and certified by eCOGRA in relation to the pan-European CEN standard on consumer protection and responsible gaming.
More information about Unibet Group plc can be found on www.unibetgroupplc.com and twitter.com/UnibetGroup